.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Cars and Babes

Black Humvee
Driver's seat and controls swiveled around so you could drive it backwards as fast as forwards. I referred to it as the "French" model.
Something Else
Involving cats and road trips.
Theater Conference
At a conference for Theater Writers and directors, there was a performing troupe of dancers who were all in green leotards and filmy skirts. On one of the patios there was a redhead with ankle length hair, she was having her hair plaited with fan pine like hair inserts, giving the impression that her plaits were held in by a green and gold basket. I continued around the building as the troupe was getting ready to dance through the assembled guests. A couple of them stopped to talk to me, they had been students at the Middle School and High School where I had worked. They were quite grown up now, no real way I could have recognized them. They were excited to find out that my show was on right after theirs, they promised that they would convince the rest of the "Witches Brew" to come and watch the 'Pupperal and EdgerAllentry Show." Witches Brew was the name of their dance company. The other was my brain's dream riddle for "Doggeral and Poetry Show."
Bank Robbers
I was staying in a hotel along the coast. I was out on the private beach talking with a woman who looked a lot like Bernadette Peters, only a little taller and younger. She was being kind of coy about her own background, but that was OK, I was just enjoying her company. We heard a bang up from the area of our rooms. She suddenly looked very concerned. There were shouts and cursing from the room next to mine. Then sirens in the distance. Two guys burst out onto the patio, covered in hot pink phosphoresent dye. "Come on, we've got to get out of here!" they shouted at the girl.
"My Clothes!" she indicated her bikini clad body.
They waved her away and ran around to the parking lot.
"You bastards!" she started up the beach after them.
I raced after her, shouting, "Get your things, they have to drive back around this way." I stopped in the road outside our rooms and she raced into her room to grab her bag. The car came screeching around the corner. I waved them to slow down. They did and flung the driver's side back passenger door open. She flung her back into the back seat, and they sped off, leaving her.
She raced after the car, I ran after also, "Drop her bag at least!" but they didn't, clearing the driveway and shooting out into traffic just in front of a police car. They stopped. The girl was right behind me "Oh, shit!"
"They just took my girl's bag!" I shouted at them. They looked at one another and then called into the radio before pulling out after them.
I took off my shirt and handed it to the girl. "I better not regret this."
We went back to the rooms. I poked my head into their room, there was a suitcase full of dye covered money. I stepped in, carefull not to touch anything with dye on it. I got the rest of the woman's bags and brought them to my room. She rapidly got dressed. "They're going to want to have descriptions and know what they took." I'm going to have to have some clue. I suppose the police are going to know what you look like?"
"No, I was just in the car in back, laying down, I didn't want to be a part of this. I knew it would go bad. The bastards took my purse. I should have just taken the car and left them at the bank."
"Why didn't you?" I was already regretting being in the middle of this.
"Bobby is my brother. Damn it! They took my purse, my life savings was in there! Over three thousand dollars. I got to get out of here."
"No, lets tell them exactly what happened as it happened. You got ripped of, too. Did you know they were going to rob the bank?"
"NO! See, I can't even convince you." She plopped down on the bed. "I didn't even unpack, I was planning on calling a cab after they went to sleep and getting out of here. Shit, shit, shit!" She dropped her head into her hands crying.
"I don't think you'll have too much trouble, especially if they catch your brother and your friend."
"My brother's boyfriend, I always hated him. Damn it! I knew they were up to something, lets just go to the beach for the weekend! We'll help you move out. Shit!" She was really angry. "I was going to rent a place and just stay here! These bags are everything I own except the futon."
"I don't think you have all that much to worry about. It is going to be open and shut against those two, you've already gotten your stuff out of their possession, except your purse, which they ripped off. You will get that back in a few hours if you just tell the truth, and it checks out." I could tell my last comment hurt a bit, but I didn't want to make it seem like this was going to be easy. "I'd better extend the room for another couple of days, are you staying." I meant until the police arrive, I figured they would take here in for a day or so.
"I..." she looked at me thinking she just wanted to run out of here. Then she wiped her tears, making a decision that caused her to square her shoulders. "Sure, but you don't have to do that. I can get my own room."
"When you get your purse back. Until then I figure I'll just stay around an extra couple of days, it's nice here."
The police knocked on our door. "The truth," I whispered to her.
They separated us to ask us questions, and they did take her bags and her to the station. I answered their questions. The police officer doubted that she'd be out any time soon. I suggested that they wait until they had her brother's story before the arraignment decided that.
"If they catch them."
"Helicopter, license plate, full descriptions, photos, dye a half dozen police cruisers..." I shrugged. "Look at me, Who'd expect me to be caught up in something like this, it has to happen to someone. The beach is nice, I think she's worth waiting for a day or two." I smiled at her. "Besides, you might think of something you might want to ask me later. There's a cute little bar on the beach here if you think of something."
She rolled her eyes and shook her head. She walked away talking into her radio, I went back out to the beach, watching the forensics crew sweep the hotel room for evidence. I had a good feeling that I might see one or both of the ladies I'd met this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home