.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Random Images and Scenes

Random Images and Scenes

In the Dream house, a Grey and White cat like Annie zoomed past my feet into the bathroom ahead of me, but then when I turned on the lights, she wasn't there.

Midge was in the reading room, staring into the left corner of the far right aisle of book shelves. She was silent and nearly unmoving. I could not see what held her attention so firmly.

I was wandering, not knowing who I was or what building I was supposed to be in, nor even exactly what time it was. I could tell I was on a college campus. I saw my reflection in a window of a classroom. My beard was mostly shaved with just a few patches of short hair and my mustache and sideburns were mostly intact. I felt the stubble, it was about 3 days worth. I couldn't tell if I'd tried to shave, or if I'd just had a bad time with the beard trimmer. I checked the pockets of my jacket. The beard trimmer was gone. I decided I'd better try to find the infirmary, if there was one.

Two Orange squares and a Green circle. Their positions and sizes kept changing against the dark blue star filled background. I think they were singing or chanting but I couldn't make out the words.

I was pumping up and down on a hand car handle, only instead of being on rails the hand car had bicycle tires and we were zooming along the roadway through the center of town. There were two flywheels spinning in opposite directions right below where I was standing. When I put on the brakes to stop the flywheels started spinning faster. I kept pumping even at the stop sign. Apparently the pumping only fueled the flywheel, and there was some sort of throttle/clutch on the hand pump handle that allowed me to accelerate away from the stop sign. Even though it was overcast and cool, I was sweating from the workout. I seemed to be able to make about 30 mph on the contraption as I was mostly able to keep up with the traffic in town, only falling behind about a third of the way between traffic signals. I would catch up again as we stopped at the next signal light. Even though I knew if I went just a bit slower I would be able to just keep moving, I felt the time stopped allowed me to charge up the flywheel a little more. I woke up from this thinking I'd like to build this contraption!

Leaning against a tree, sharp pains in my chest. T-Rex walked over and plopped down in my lap with a greeting chirp. As I sat with him the congestion and pain faded. It also got dark and I could no longer tell where I was, but somehow knew it wasn't in the back yard, which is where I thought I'd started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home