.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Future News Story and The House

Monitoring Venezuela on the Internet as it socially and politically melts down. Interesting new feeds and some folks doing their best to post from the cities that still had power and phone connections. One of the news web sites had a pin map showing where the RSS feeds were coming from. One of our last feeds from the country said that China had offered to police the country because of "the longstanding cultural similarities that make Venezuela a traditional member of our social and political family." Our own president Clinton welcomed the Chinese "humanitarian" effort. It looked like only the US was going to remain in the world as a Democratic semi-Capitalist nation, though not for very long.

Was working on something electromechanical in the West kitchen of the The House. I took the parts outside where one of the swash plates was knocked off the porch railing by a cat (Black and Orange, like a calico, but with no white in it.) As I was stretching out to get under the porch to reclaim the part I heard a couple walking along the trail by the house. The gentleman commented on my hippy pants. I looked down and noticed the pants were faded purple and yellow and orange paisley, but the insides of the paisley were famous quotes. "That's because I am an old hippy." I said as I crawled out with the swash plate. "Just making some repairs, we're always finding something odd in this place."
"We didn't even know anyone was living here." he said.
"I thought it was haunted." she added.
"True on both accounts, I only spend a little time out here, but hope to move in when I retire."
"But it IS haunted?" she asked.
"Yes, most of the spirits are pretty interesting, a few useful and only a couple are dangerous, if you aren't prepared for them."
They looked at one another, turning to leave.
"You're welcome to keep walking on the property, the house likes you. When we get everything together you'll have to join us for lunch or dinner some time."
"Thank you," they looked startled that I'd been nice about them being here. They continued up the path, commenting that I couldn't be a vampire after all, because I'd just stood in the sunshine while talking to them. They couldn't seem to figure out why I was only there at night.
Oddly enough, I knew immediately why. Because I only seem to be in The House while I am sleeping here, and day and night seem to follow pretty closely the same schedule as here. I slept in late this morning, coming back to bed after feeding the cats. It was morning light outside just before I woke, much like in the dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home