.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Reading is Fundamental Part II of Part 1 which I will post this weekend.

Reading, that's what I was doing, only the words were random conglomerations of letters. I was sure there was meaning there, if only I could figure it out.

Later, I was rigging the ropes and leather seats for a glider made from giant winged seed pods. (Kind of a prequel to the dream a couple of nights ago.) We'd split the seed pod open and removed the seed leaving just a half husk on the end. We did the same with another seed that was the same, but leaving the other half. We stitched and glued the halves together and were rigging ropes to distribute the weight of a pilot at the balance point below the contraption. The wing span was about 40 feet total. We tested the thing like a kite, but about 6 of us had to hold it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home