.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Office Chair Race, Cracking a Smile

These two were of the more surreal imagery and action variety. In the first, I was in an office chair and blindfolded. I was taking part in a race where I was to be pulled behind a bicycle while seated in the office chair. I don't know why I had to be blindfolded. More drama or something. When we rolled out onto the warehouse dock, I noticed that the blindfold was transparent, it was made of some sort of Mylar and functioned like very dark sunglasses. Someone remarked "Now I see why we're blindfolded." That got lots of knowing chuckles. We were each handed a rope and a co-worker guided us down the ramp into the parking lot where our teammate started biking like mad. There were checkpoints we were supposed to pick up as we swung by. Team members were thrusting them into our path and calling out instructions.

In the second one I was lying on my side looking into a mirror behind our futon. I couldn't move at all. I was stuck somehow, unable to make a sound or any gesture. I finally managed to smile, it was as though I'd forgotten how. When I smiled, the futon snapped apart and flew away. Most of the place was also gone, no wall behind me in the mirror. I could feel the air moving around me. The mirror revealed me full length, and suddenly I saw I was on my hands and knees posing like for an erotic photo. I am way to chubby for the desired effect. I still couldn't move or feel any of my body. There were mulberry leaves landing all around. I tried to smile again, figuring at least that would improve what I was seeing. No luck. The image cracked and the mirror shards fell in a pile in front of me. There was a photo behind the mirror of a woman in a similar pose, no one I recognize. Peroxide blond, shaped like one of our friends but for the face. At least the photo was smiling. I awoke just as I started to worry that I'd had a stroke or heart attack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home