.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Desert House with Abandoned Tunnels

I was in the desert, digging the hole for an underground house I planned on building. I had windows and roof beams set up and slabs of pre stressed concrete to put in position. As I got to about 8 feet down I broke into a tunnel. I followed the tunnel and discovered that it would make a good addition to the house, with little or no modification, it was very geode like. I did find a thin spot in on floor area, and when I poke through it I could shine the flash down into a small cavern with boxes of books and magazines from late 1800's. I realized that this meant the tunnel complex had to come to the surface somewhere. I lowered a pry bar on a rope through the small hole and pulled up a wooden box by its handle to look at the contents. The pulps were only slightly yellowed and didn't look brittle at all.

I then found a bucket with an international orange colored egg, it looked like a sea snake egg. I swirled the bucket around, then added some small fish (Who knows from where.) The egg hatched into a bright orange snake, swam around, completely ignored the fish, then launched out of the water at me, and splayed its ribs as it flew. I ducked and turned to follow its movement, right into a rock wall, and through it, leaving only a little splotch of wetness.

"Whoa, didn't know it could do that." I said.

"There's more of them buckets down here." said my brown haired companion, whose identity seemed a bit fluid throughout the course of the story.

"Maybe we should leave them alone, some species of creatures hatch due to tidal agitation."

"Well, lets hope we never have a big earthquake then."

I poked my head down through the opening to see what she was talking about. There must have been over dozen rows of nine to ten buckets in each. Every one of the buckets in the rows looked to be nearly full of the bright orange eggs. I started to have a very uneasy feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home