.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Lion headed Sea Serpent

Swimming among the icy passages of some new world we were exploring. Came across a large sea serpent, injured and old looking. She was just giving birth and the sea serpent babies dropped out of her into the deeper waters below us, all black and silver, except for one golden maned serpent, smaller than the rest. It was having difficulty swimming so I broke from the rest of the party and helped it get clear of its mother, who curled back on herself to look at her smallest baby, then at me helping it. Then she herself sank into the deep. It was a an emotionally satisfying moment for some reason. I swam back to the group and the golden maned serpent swam with me. It tagged along with us for a while, than dove deep. I didn't expect to see it again, but a couple of crevices later it swam up to us with a long sturgeon-like fish in its catlike mouth. We examined the fish, took lots of photos and the serpent took it back and ate it. We got back to our research vessel and the sea serpent swam into the docking room with us checking out the room by rearing its head out of the water and looking around. It seemed to be able to recognize me and whistled, mewed, mostly at me,'til I came over to it and petted it on the head. It seemed like it was trying to communicate with us.

The other dreams were mostly just random images of my day: open computer boxes, sound device driver settings, sections of Ted Williams Parkway and I-15, the ivy in the back yard with a really huge spider web, Ginger Muffin rolling around on the mail pile, and one of two tall towers made of translucent blue crystals stretching out above a dark green forest canopy. That last image wasn't from my day, but was stuck right in with the daily montage for some reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home