.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Vehicle Showroom

I was in a vehicle showroom. There were parts of a new 3 wheeled hybrid all over the showroom. The idea was to show the customer how unique you could make your vehicle. There were two or three frames, a dozen or more seating choices, a couple of different cargo choices, and more than twenty possible color schemes to chose from. In addition there was a nifty set of three body parts each with 3 to 4 choices of styling so there were over 100 possible body combinations. I told them this was all exciting, but asked what was the actual gas mileage on the most efficient combination I could put together. 34 MPG was the answer, and they bravely asked what mileage I was getting. I pointed out to the red hybrid in their parking lot and I could see the sales girl slump. "Just over 50 in traffic, better when I can get out of the stop and go."
I still thought their "build your own" approach was very cool and told them so. I also pointed out that if they used the ten year old technology that was in my car, because of how much lighter their vehicle was, they would have much better mileage numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home