.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Journalism Conference

I was with a small group of writers and radio journalists at a party after a seminar or conference of some sort. We were hanging out with Ted Leitner, local sports commentator. His limo, a fat white caddy, came to take us all back to the hotel. I had an MP3 recorder, so asked if he would answer some questions on the record. He agreed and I conducted an interview that included a couple of tough questions about his time as a political commentator/activist. When I was done he congratulated me on an excellent interview. He felt it was tough but fair, and that I didn't try to spin anything he had to say. I explained that I was really trying to bring some real reporting skills and journalism skills to my little online empire. He liked the SNNS policy of making the original interview material available as well as the written "good parts" portion.
A couple of the folks with us asked if I had job openings in SNNS. Ted jokingly asked if he could come in a do some interviews for us. I said of course he was more than welcome, I'd even make a special place for him. Then I realized he wasn't really joking. Very cool.

Ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home