.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Cable TV Awards and Mystery Cruise

Scott and I at the Cable TV Emmy Awards. I won one for portraying a character in one of our series of half hour programs. The character was a short wide re-bearded, thrench-coat wearing brute who talked in grunts and whistles. Sort of a throw away character who became a major part of the plot. A scene played where I was shuffling down an alleyway picking things up out of the trash and rambling non-stop about the people who discarded the item, what they were thinking, where they lived, what they were wearing, how many pets they had, weird habits,"oh, this one pees her bed," etc. I then stopped and found the evidence the detectives who were with me were looking for, it didn't belong in the normal trash of the buildings. There was quite a bit of laughter as I continued down the alleyway past the camera, even though the detectives had what they wanted and were leaving. You could see them get in the car and drive off. The shot changed and I stepped out of the alley into the sunlight. I looked around. The detectives drove up and I climbed into the back seat, talking as though I'd never missed them.
We had several nominations, two for writing, one for editing and my acting nomination.
I was so surprised to win that I didn't really have anything prepared, so thanked SCV for writing such a great part and fixing me in post, and to the person who added all of the whistles, as I can't really whistle myself. Several people commented on how articulate and unlike my character I sounded. Also, how much taller I was.
"Television magic," was my comment.

Cruise Ship Mystery
I was at the Libertarian Party nominating convention in California, on a cruise ship this year. (I've already said I wasn't going, but after this dream may reconsider.) In the dream there were only about 60 of us left on the whole ship, and all of our candidates had vanished. Most of the Decks of the ship were dark as they weren't occupied so we were making our way from cabin to cabin by flashlight. The darkness combined with the motion made for an intense sense of dread. We would step out of the cabins into the daylight on the outer part of the ship which would ruin our nightvision for re-entering the interior cabins and the ships service passageways. Finally we agreed to leave some of us to do the outer cabins and others with good night vision to do the inner cabins. I was on the inner cabin and serviceways group. We searched a large part of he ship when we came across an abandoned looking lounge deep in one of the service areas. Even the crew members that were with us didn't recognize the place. The lights ala 70's disco came on as we entered the place. Dancers took to the stage, they too in very 70's garb. The seats in the club began to fill with the shades of our missing members. I made my way over to the jukebox, knowing, somehow, that if I could bring up a modern tune, the group would be returned to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home