.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Napoleon and Me.

I was in a very plain hotel with a nice weight room and a small pool. I was sitting in the lobby with Napoleon. He was dressed in a dapper white coat that buttoned up the back. He was telling me he'd come back to take over the world. While I didn't approve of that particular plan I thought that he might need to be brought up to date with the way things worked in the world now. I managed to get us some time in the computer lab and fired up a copy of Warcraft, which he found very frustrating. I gently reminded him that this was easier than taking over the world. He quieted down and studied the game in more detail. I then introduced him to Sid Meier's Civilization for a more global approach. We also spent some time on CNN looking at the reports of confrontations happening around the world.
"You people have too much information, too fast. There's no mystery. Everyone knows what everyone else is doing." He sighed. "It's such a mess it's not really worth taking over, is it?"
"I don't really think so," I responded with a shrug.
"Feh!" he started up another game of Warcraft. "This is a challenge! I wish this was as big as all the world. I will be the undisputed champion, I will rule this tiny world! It has everything I could want, little people hitting one another."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home