.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Dreamed of Skunks and Cryptid, Bridges, Play

I dreamed I was on a patio behind a sort of lodge. While I was upstairs my dad walked down to the ground level. I spotted some skunks walking towards the area below the patio. The turned back around when I took photos of them. Forgot to turn the flash off. Dad stepped off the path and started sinking into the sawdust as the skunks turned around and walked right by him. He was still and they just walked on by without noticing him. While he was climbing out I spotted a six-legged creature. It looked like it had white leather patches sewn on its face to look like a bison. It had two slothlike sets of front legs and shoulders and its back third looked something like a bear's legs and hips, only grey instead of brown or black. The thing moved like a living animal, but it looked like it was sewn together. I got about a dozen very clear photos of it while Dad was climbing out of the sawdust. He missed the creature, so I showed him the photos. He still couldn't believe it. I took him over to where the tracks were and took shots of the tracks, then went back to where I was standing and had him walk along the trail so I could take comparison photos. It was much bigger than I had first though. No one else around had seen the animal, and they couldn't believe that the tracks were anything but a bear's, even though the claws on the front paws were only three toed, and there were twice as many front prints as back ones.

In a later Dream
I'm sitting on the library balcony looking out over the front yard. (We apparently made enough money to add the second floor after all.) A Gal drives through bushes onto front yard. The Junipers are ripped out in a car wide path, and she bends a rose bush. She backs out onto the street and gets out of the truck. Then she comes into the yard and straightens out the rose bush and tries to set the ripped up junipers back in the ground. I confront her. She has no money, the truck is borrowed. It turns out she does have a bunch of debit card/ gift cards but no cash. It also turns out, that when the person shows up to take back the truck she has no place to live and no transportation. He tosses her stuff (one bag of clothing and a rolled up futon mattress) out of the bed of the truck and has one of his friends drive the truck off. What she does have is beautiful light hazel eyes and long shiny almost black hair, full lips and the lightest dusting of freckles across her face and shoulders. I end up offering to let her stay and work off the debt. She seems relieved, and resigned. I tell her it is because she has "lovely eyes, lovely, not trustworthy."
She is surprised when I take her gift cards and hand her a shovel. "I thought you and I would..."
"Maybe later, if you're real good. Right now I need someone to take out the broken plants and fill in the holes you made in the lawn." I went into the garage and dumped the cards and her bags on the shelf above the washer and gathered a rake and a wheel barrow full of composted dirt, as well as the green recycling container. I planned to drop them off with her and go back up on my balcony with a couple of cold lemonades to watch. She was already hard at work when I came around the corner. I decided to find her a place in a women's shelter after she was done with the yard work. If she was really interested she could come back tomorrow to finish working off whatever new junipers, pavers or river stones would cost. Watching her work was interesting, she was completely focused on the work, and not complaining about it at all. She was grateful and surprised when I brought her a lemonade and a towel to clean up.
When I tell her that I'd always thought of putting a little garden bridge over the junipers to make it easier to get into the yard from the street, but would probably just ask her to come back tomorrow to help plant some new junipers, she offers to help build the bridge and asks if she can stay here rather than go to a shelter. She offers to sleep outside as long as she is off the street. I tell her I'll think about it and go inside to make sure the guest bathroom has towels for her to clean up for dinner.

On a Bridge or Dam disguised as a monk, only 18 inches to sit from the edge as the center is reserved for the emporer's procession. Myself and 3 others are in disguise, but not very good ones, we are wearing plaid saris instead of the green, brown or gold of those around us. I end up going over the edge. Someone figured out that we weren't really monks. The Robe wasn't the giveaway, the fact that I couldn't sit in lotus was the trouble. One of my companions tossed a sash to me as I fell and I was able to swing myself under the bridge a bit and catch on a protuberance, but I would have to hang on until the emporer passed the bridge as no one wanted to disturb the emporer's progress. I could tell the emporer was making his way across the bridge (or dam, perhaps it was both) as monks would occasionally fall from either side. At least the ones on the other side were able to land in the water and swim to the shore. The ones who fell on my side fell a long way before they intersected with the wall of the dam. There was some structure directly under the bridge, but a person would need help, like hanging on to a sash or cord, to swing you under far enough to grab on. I didn't know that I could hold on, so made my way over to the very ornate support piling and used it to climb down to the face of the dam. I climbed up under the bridge and went down into the water to help one of my companions, who'd fallen off the other side of the dam. Soon all of our party was reunited in the water. I had noticed from when I was above, the soldiers of the emporer were greeting the fallen monks with spears as they climbed out on the shore. We decided to climb down the face of the dam, using our robes and sashes for climbing assistance.

Dreamed I'm part of a play with Little John and Chloe as their "wrangler." Chloe gets scared when she makes her exit and I have trouble finding her back stage in the dark. The little scamp finds her way back onto the set, fortunately we are behind the act curtain still. I manage to pick her up, she mews cause she's not getting her way. The audience chuckles as one of the actors tosses off an adlib. I manage to get us off the set just as the lights are coming up. That was a close one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home