.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Naptime Dream Diablo II

I was playing Diablo II, as I sometimes do to whittle away the hours, not so much recently, which may be why I was dreaming it. I was going through an area where there are a couple of unique critters, and therefore lots of cool loot, when I picked up another cube. This one was labeled a "Hyper Cube" rather than a "Horadric Cube" and the tool tip text said "Use the Green Bean to activate the Hyper Cube." The graphic was a lot like the Horadric Cube, but silver with gold designs, it was also socketed. I shouted for N to come see what I'd found. Since I'd never seen a green bean in the game, I tried a perfect emerald. Not working. Then on a whim I tried a flawed Emerald I had just picked up, since they look kind of like a bean. It fit in the socket, and then I was able to open up the cube. Inside, it was larger than the game stash. It also had a row of buttons on the bottom that seemed to reset the color of the gem required to open it. The green emerald was replaced with a perfect emerald that popped off the cube when I closed it.
"Cool," N said. I picked up the gem and went back to town. I didn't have any other flawed gems.
"Too bad, the Hypercube is locked now. I'll have to wait until I find another gemstone to open it up."
When I put the hypercube in my stash, it swirled and added a tab to the stash screen, when I clicked on the tab it opened up the new improved Hypercube enhanced stash area, and the tab was labeled with the act. I quickly jumped back to another town and opened the stash. There was a tab for that town now as well, and it was empty. I clicked the tab for the town I'd just been in. A message, "You must travel to Lut Gholein to access this part of the Hypercube."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. You have got so much cooler of dreams than mine. I only dream of boobs! *sigh*

You rock!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home