.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Long Week

Did have several dreams, but I am so rushed to get out in the morning that I barely had time to scratch out an illustration or a couple of notes. This morning had one cute dream with a women's restroom full of piles of clothing with calico cats lounging around all over them.

A couple of days ago I was back in a cliffside community, in a 50's style checked table cloth and bentwood chair diner. A furry troll cut loose and started tossing patrons all over the place. I jumped up on a table, I think I was the goblin blacksmith again, and taunted him until he started chasing me. I jumped out a ventilation opening and grabbed onto the 3 inch wide ledge a couple of feet below the opening. I knew the ledge was there from some previous adventure. The troll rushed out reaching for me, so I tugged just a little on his forearm, and over he went, down into the ventilation shaft, swearing in Trollish up at me.

This morning I was also trying to start a white convertible that had obviously been used to haul hay around. I got it rolling and bump started it, but the engine died and with it the steering and brakes. I managed to roll to a stop six inches from the neighbor's split rail fence after bouncing up over the curb. She was out there trimming the roses. "Do you need some help?"
"Just a little push back off the sidewalk." I figured I would roll back a bit then park next to the neighbor's yard. I figured I would have enough headway to turn (now that I knew how difficult it would be.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home