.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sky is Churning, Cute Shorts, Underground Cavern, Chad and Serena Fighting, and Dodging Space Debris.

Very busy dream night, but nothing with much of a plot.

I was at my parent's house, looking out into the sky at the thunderheads climbing up over the hills. I decided to lay back and watch the clouds with Nan. As we watched, suddenly I noticed lots of little shear indicators, then the clouds began to be ripped apart in an almost cyclonic fashion. I could almost see little vector arrows on the wind as the clouds began to tear themselves into thin wispy streamers.

The dream shifted, I was lying in the garage with my legs tangled up with Nan's. I rolled over and noticed she was wearing a cute pair of short cargo shorts. We were both about 50 lbs lighter in the dream. "Silky" I said as I tickled her thigh.

Next thing we are in a plastic miniature box on an island in the middle of an underground lake. Nan and my miniatures have small shark tooth-like daggers that suddenly begin to glow yellow. "Undead approaching!" I try to wake everyone up, but only Nan, who is now a 90 lb elf babe, and myself, a very tall dwarf, are able to rise. Every one else is sound asleep. I pull a small dart out of my thumb, I see ones just like it in all of our companions, and on Nan's Knee. We are no longer in the miniature box, and the view becomes POV. Nan and I move back to back, she with the dagger and a small shield, and me with the dagger and an axe that surely wasn't meant to be used one-handed. I begin to drag our companions in closer so we will have a chance to defend them from whatever is walking up out of the water onto the island.

Lastly, I am in a small cockpit with many damaged displays, smoke rises from behind a couple of dark indicators. I have sharp pains in my left hand and am partly blind on the left side. The craft I am in is responding slowly if I try to bank it left, but snappily moving to the right. I begin to weave in order to avoid being hammered by the debris that is racing towards me from I don't know what. I cannot remember what I am doing here and what just happened. I clear the debris field and begin to roll the ship to look for other signs of life. There were flashes of maneuvering jets in the distance, on the other side of the debris field. Nothing like radar or communications seemed to be working. I began to rotate the ship, firing the thrusters in an SOS pattern when they were in view of the debris field, in hopes of attracting rescue rather than destruction. I had the feeling that we had won, but could not really rationalize why I thought that. I hoped someone would find me before I got really sick of spinning, at least I was able to reverse directions with each three shot burst.

Ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home