.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Working During a Blustery Day

I was visiting the High School campus where I used to work, checking on the location of Switches for the LAN and generally looking at the renovations. (Which are going on as I write this.) I was commenting to the group I was with that I still would have liked to see a two story Library with computer labs on the second floor. One of the people said they'd changed the plans, but dashed my hopes by saying that the admin offices were now going to be two floors.

As we headed up to the admin offices (still under construction) the sky turned almost black, and the wind began to blow. Soon doors were being slammed shut and students were being tumbled about. We managed to hold open the E building doors and pull several students to safety inside. Just as we got the last bunch of kids to cover, the wind knocked my feet from under me. I didn't hit the ground, however, I was being lifted up by the air, like lying on a mattress. By angling my calves and feet like rudders I was able to make a series of stalls and climbs while moving forward through the hall. I didn't know what would happen when I got to the end of the building out from under the soffet. I doubted that I would be able to make it to the front of the school, but felt like I had to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home