.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Driving the Bus, Sprocket Science goes Solid State

I was driving the large yellow school bus again, still along the coastal route. I was still worried that I didn't have a license to drive a bus, but at least there were no passengers this time.

Afterwards, I found myself working in an elementary school classroom, setting up a video projector and a powerpoint presentation for a teacher. I was explaining that this used to be "Sprocket Science (TM)" and was now simple solid state. OK, the kids in the dream didn't laugh, but the teacher did. She, at least, was old enough to remember 35mm half frame filmstrip and 16mm movie projectors. We tried to explain it to the kids, but finally had to give up. The teacher asked if I could come back and explain how cartoons worked, and we could make flip books.

ad astra per technica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home