.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Four for One Night

Flirting With Squeaks at Re-Faire
(Don't remember anything more than that at this point.)
Lost in the Construction on I-15.
Ok, this is a repeat of the dream with the small red monocycle type vehicle, but this time in the Insight. The cones weren't laid out clearly enough for me, so I made a wrong turn into the dirt construction zone alongside the freeway. I took some photos of the construction equipment while I was there, but couldn't seem to find a smooth enough road out of the place and the construction foreman didn't want me to back out the way I came in, even though I thought I could make it back to the shoulder and onto the correct detour without too much trouble.
Outsmarting the Robotic Habical Police.
This was a Gremlin Trouble sort of dream. For some reason the habical police were coming to throw me out of my cube. When they arrived, I asked them if I was under arrest.
"Of course not. You are just being evicted."
"Would I then become vagrant?" I asked.
"Of course."
"Then wouldn't you have to arrest me?"
"No, we would just return you to your habical."
"But I don't have a habical, you have just evicted me."
At this point a neighbor walked over to visit. "You have the newest VR enclosure?"
"Yes."
"Want to trade, I understand you don't really use it much."
"Sure."
"Citizens, return to your habicals, there is nothing to see here."
"All of his books are in my habical," said my neighbor.
"Yes, now my books and me are vagrant."
"He can have my habical on the corner," piped up my neighbor.
"Right, then, lets get this lot moved out." And with that backup arrived and helped move all my books and equipment to the corner habical with the windows overlooking the park. My neighbor grabbed a small closet module and rolled it over to my old cubical.
"You have been evicted and returned to your proper cubical, have a nice day," said the robot police unit with a definitely sarcastic but satisfied tone. "Thank you for being cooperative."
"OK, I'm glad everyone is happy." I smiled and waved so as not to be cited for rudeness. Oddly enough, I think I had so much vr time on the books that I don't imagine that I could be hooked up the rest of my life and not be connected. Everything I published or created that someone else linked to created a VR connection bonus. Every infraction created a VR deficit. Of course, the only infractions I ever committed consisted of not being connected to the VR subsystem when I was supposed to, so I was typically set to forfit only the time I has already banked by not using it. Apparently some people were able to remain in VR while sleeping and ate up some of their 16 hours a day VR ration in that fashion. I went out for walks and trips to the book storage facilities instead, so had many months worth of VR set aside, that's why I had been upgraded to the newest VR habical. Conversely I didn't use the newest VR enclosure enough, so that's why I was being evicted.
Habical Repairs
In a Gremlin Trouble meets Brazil moment, I couldn't get anyone to come and make repairs to my cleaning unit (clothing and dishes) so had to undertake them myself. I returnedfrom a trip to the technology dump with a set of utility tools someone had just left lying around. (Thank you Gremlins for cleaning them up so nicely.) I really don't remember much about the repair, only that I had to dump out all of the tool tips to find a small flat head tip that went into the small collett, but then didn't have a small flathead tip to tighten the collett nut....

On a side note, I haven't been having enough scantily clad women in my dreams lately. Who do I talk to about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home