.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Hodge Podge Dodge Ball, Writing a Novel

Dodgeball started at the old Elementary school Gym in Virginia. As the dream progressed the game changed locations and the team also changed. Started in the Brookwood Elementary school Gymnasium, where I first learned the game. We then moved to another gymnasium not unlike the Mt. Carmel High School Gym, then to an outdoor stadium with astro turf. Finally we ended up playing in a ball court with high stone walls, like the Central American ball courts of the Incan or Mayan civilitations.

Later in the morning I was working on the first paragraph of a novell. The dream evolved out of one of those wheel spinning sleep sessions, I kept going over the thought of "How long do you have to live to see One Thousand Rainy Days." If you live where there are only 20 or so a year, you would be around 50 years old. I think I have a character and a situation here, but am not certain what the story is. Yesterday I began to re-create that first paragraph, and am thinking of using it for my November Novel writing project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home