.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, December 07, 2007

Clever Title I Have Now Forgotten, Dream Slump, Duct Tape

        I woke up this morning with a two word transposition of a common phrase stuck in my head that would have been a perfect title for this dream, or even a collection of dreams. Can I remember it now?

        No.

        It seems that the recent changes in my medications are somewhat messing up my ability to recall my dreams. (Or it could be the increased pain that drives them out of my head, Im not really sure.) It seems to me that a title would help me remember the dream, but the dream was so fantastic, for a change, that I figured the dream would help me remember the very clever title.

        A clever little plan, which failed.

        Of course, it is possible that I only dreamed that I had a fantastic I must remember this dream, and dreamed that I came up with a clever word transposition title. Kind of like when I dream that Im reading from a book that I wrote. (I havent really written the book. Yet.)

        At least I remember there was really cool music and an odd beeping, which later turned out to be my work cell. Id left it on and the battery warning decided to let me know that. I wonder why the low battery always seems to happen around 3 AM and not during the afternoon or in the morning when everyone is awake.  Ive only let the thing run down on its own a few times, but it seems to always be between 1 and 3 AM. Usually, though, such an interruption wakes me from a dream and I have a chance to recall it. Not lately, though, I seem to be in a Dream Slump.

        There was multi-colored Duct Tape in one of the snippets from early in the evening. I think I was making a duct tape wreath with duct tape holly berries and duct tape ribbons and bells. Thats actually a pretty nifty idea. I may need to stop at the hardware store tomorrow and buy some colored duct tape.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home