.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Forest Cruise Ship

       N and I were on a cruise, not sure to where. The destination didn't seem to be important, though, as we were having a great time racing through the forests trying to round up buffalo. The cruise ship was a huge forest from bow to stern. There were a couple of circular stair cases around the ship that allowed you to run down below decks to where the regular cruise ship cabins were located, as well as the dining rooms and shops. The entire upper deck of the ship was a forest, though, green and lush, a mix of pines and eldar, ash, birch and elms. I found a couple of oaks and walnut trees as well. I remember thinking that there should be more nut trees if they wanted to cut down on their food bills.
       I wondered if I could build such a ship, and if it could actually support buffalo and people (though certainly not as many as were aboard the ship in the dream.) Sort of a "bioboat" instead of a "biosphere."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home