.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Airship, Parent Adventures

        I dreamed I was on a large airship, the gondola being made of some sort of light wood, loose grained but finished is some sort of hard epoxy. I dont know why that detail is important, but it figured more than once in my dream experience, even causing comments once between N and myself.

        N at one point rolled over in our bed and pointed her finger at my head like a gun. (Not really sure I was dreaming at that point. I was petting the rambunctious kittens and all three of them were purring at full volume, which triggered two of the older cats to purr. It was quite the purr-fest.)

        I jumped from the deck of the airship to the docking port, a rickety looking aluminum platform, well before the airship was moored. I wanted to make my way down to the gift shop and back up before N disembarked, just so there would be someone to meet her at the ramp.

        Later in the dream I was at Mom and Dads trying to help with a leak they had in the bathroom sink. The plumber had quoted them $900 for the job, but all it really needed was a faucet handle insert. I told them I would go to Home Depot with Dad and get what we needed. Itll take twenty minutes to fix, give or take a couple of hours.

        Dad didnt laugh at my joke.

        When we started out to the cars, there was a crunch and then two cars slid down their front hill. The pickup truck took off, but the sedan had to be pushed out of their yard. (Dad and I managed to push the wreck aside.)

The woman who was driving looked very dazed. She walked up to the next house, got into a little mini-convertible, and promptly slid down the hill against the retaining wall. I ran over and managed to get the small car into 1st gear and guided it back up the hill. The woman was almost completely out of it, and I ended up holding her up and trying to keep her awake while Dad called for an ambulance. She wanted to get up and go, but her legs had stopped working. I tried to keep her calm until help could arrive, explaining that she may have a neck fracture and needed to stay as still as possible. She was skeletal thin, and had really short ash brown hair.  Her eyes were like Es almost a purple color, very non-human looking in some ways.

Im not sure but it also seemed that she had two elbows on each arm.

Ad astra per technica,

Ff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home