.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Everything Familiar

        I dreamed I was trying to get ready for work, but events kept conspiring to make me late. All I remember is how everything in the dream was familiar, but not exactly like it was supposed to be. N had brown hair; the cats were all the wrong cats. The bed was an old full sized bed instead of a king. The backyard had a white vinyl and glass enclosure instead of the natural wood, and it went all the way to the retaining wall, even though there were still plants off of the patio. There was brown carpet in the master bedroom instead of green. The kitchen had a black refrigerator, side by side instead of over under.

        I had a red car, but instead of an old hybrid Honda Insight, it was a gas-powered V-8 Plymouth Valiant (new looking.) The house was painted white with dark green trim. The master bathroom had all maroon ceramic with brass fixtures. The walls were still yellow.

Sadly, I was still large, though much younger looking. The books on the shelves in the living room were all still piled up, but they were different books.

My office, where I still kept my shoes and work keys, phone, etc, was pretty much the same except for the rocking chair and large desk were gone. Instead I had a kidney-shaped conference table and three chairs. There was no obvious computer. That kind of kicked me into the Now I know Im dreaming, mode of thought, but I hung in there a little while longer.

Unfortunately, I was just out of it enough to get lost while I was driving to get to work, as the roads seemed to be the most changed, and the work key that I had wasnt anything like the keys I have now for work, also, I was dressed in a button down with a tie. The kilt didnt strike me as odd, although I dont currently own a khaki colored one, and I dont wear them to work as I may have to crawl around under desks. 

I had another dream before waking, but remember only thinking Ive had all that stuff in my dreams before, especially the running on paths between houses and trying to get out of a neighborhood. In fact, I think I had one of those dreams a few days ago. No apes falling from the sky in this dream though.

I was vaguely disappointed about the no apes thing, though. And, to be honest, I really dont remember the dream having anything to do with running through peoples back yards.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home