.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Random Images and Scenes N+1

       Last two nights have been so warm I have hardly been able to sleep. When I do, I sleep just a short amount of time at a stretch. My dreams have been similarly broken, mostly snatches of being at work, visiting friends, the little brat from the other night re-appeared. Sparrow Morgan, who I met at the SD Comic Convention appeared in one, with a couple of little white dogs.
       I was at M&Ss for one scene, I was eating M&Ms out of a frying pan, swirling them around and allowing the peanut and almond ones to escape over the edge of the pan back into the dish. I later tried that at work with the lid of the programmers M&M jar. It actually works way better than I thought it would.
       One image sort of stuck with me throughout the day. Purple sky, scattered plumes of indigo smoke with lightning bolts that shot through the pillar and played on the underside of the expanding plume.
       Dark almost walnut brown orange haze in the distance. Something large and triangular drifted silently overhead, lightning rippled over its surface and arced to the ground nearby, starting another plume of nearly black smoke rising towards the sky.
       I had the feeling that I was supposed to do something about it, but I had no tools and no weapons other than half a red silk shirt and a dark green canvas bag that had seen better days. There were some items in the canvas bag, an old 16mm movie reel (empty) and some other scraps of terry cloth towels. I didn't even pull them out of the bag. I think this is the dream where I didn't have any shoes on, either.
       I couldn't find my cell phone in one dream, even though I could see it sitting right on top of the book case where I plug it in every few days to charge up. I kept looking for it, even though I knew it was right there. Somehow I couldn't stop looking for it. I even stopped myself and said "Look, there's the cell phone."
       Then I would look at it, and immediately start looking for it again. Stubborn or stupid, I just can't tell sometimes.
       I woke feeling lest rested than I did when I piled into bed the night before.
       Oh, and cars, there was a dream with a pile of Matchbox sized cars, but more cheaply made, that I kept trying to move around without toppling any of them. I wanted to take them out and line them up and sort them out, but I didn't dare, they weren't mine.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home