.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Visitor Pawns, New House

        I dreamed I was at home when the doorbell rang. I had visitors. I didnt really feel social, but these were friends of Ns that she hadnt seen in awhile. The main thing I noticed about them is that they were colored like the pawns in a board game, Red, Green, Blue, Orange, Purple, Yellow, and had almost no facial features.

As the afternoon progressed they became even more pawn-like. Their faces almost completely vanished and their heads turned into tinted cylinders with wigs on top. N didnt seem to notice, but I was starting to get very worried.

I was worried that their heads should have been spheres instead of cylinders, for some reason that really bothered me.

Later I dreamed we had moved into a narrow three story house. The third story really only consisted of a smallish sitting room and a bathroom that ran the length of the house. It had both a tub and a separate shower stall, as well as two toilets.  One toilet had its own little room between the clothes chute and the shower stall.  There was a set of stairs between the bathroom and the sitting room, and another set of small stairs at the back of the shower stall next to the clothes chute.

I wondered how useful the bathroom would be as we got older, I doubted that we would want to climb up the stairs to go take a bath, and the sitting room really wasnt big enough to entertain more than a few people (I think we only had places for five people to sit.) I found myself wondering what had possessed me to buy this place, other than it was on a nice bit of property with several fruit and nut trees as well as a large spring fed stream that turned a water wheel that generated power. I guess being off the electric grid was a big bonus, that and the reduced water bill. 

I wandered down into the large front room and, although it was a bit narrower than our current front room, I figured that without bookcases I could hold games in there without too much squeezing around the table.  That made me feel better about the house. The kitchen was on the second floor, as were most of the bedrooms. There was a large bedroom on the ground floor, just on the other side of the guest bathroom. (Tub only, it was sort of an older building.) I believe N and I were using that as a guest room as we had the master bedroom and our offices on the second floor with the kitchen. There was only a small dining room off of the kitchen, but a huge patio that was enclosed ran the entire length of the house. The patio was two floors, both the ground and the second floor. There was a balcony, narrow, on the top floor outside the sitting room. But I dont remember there being a way onto the balcony, just regular windows there. Odd.

From the front of the house I could see a door leading into the third floor balcony, but the door wasnt visible from the sitting room. I walked around, pacing out the location. There apparently was a hidden room on the top floor, it would be almost thirty feet long and 15 feet wide, but with one part only about 5 foot high, as the roof line would cut through it on one end.

I knew that N would love trying to figure out the mystery. I figured I would just climb out of the sitting room windows and into the balcony door, then find the way into the rest of the house from there, but would let N search inside a couple of days, first.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home