.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Party

       I dreamed a dream that was washed away by the morning romping of kittens. When I finally fell back to sleep, I had a weird sketchy dream. N and I drove to a party. N was silent the whole time, very unusual. I parked in a gravel parking lot about half a block from the large three story mansion. As we approached I remarked on how much like the Munster's house it looked. Still no reply.
       Several people were leaving the house as we approached.
       "You were N's husband weren't you."
       "Yes, she's gone on ahead."
       "I'll stay for awhile, then."
       She was a tallish woman with short dark hair, busty, like most of N's friends, but I really didn't recognize her, she must have been from N's Dance Macabre group, perhaps from her workplace, but I still didn't know who she was. We walked into the party together. I couldn't find N after that. Everyone at the party seemed to be friends of N's, some were our mutual friends, some were people I recognized from her descriptions or photos from her various work parties.
       I seemed to have great difficulty following anything they said to me, most of it I heard as nonsense sounds and gibberish.
       I made my way out onto a balcony on the second floor, but there was still no sign of N. The balcony turned into a bridge and I crossed into a twilight forest (It had been night at the party.) This was exactly the sort of place N would find enchanting. The silvery barked trees were picking up the hints of rose and orange high above the ground where their leafless tips caught the first rays of the sun. I wanted to stay and see the sunrise through the trees, but a pair of ravens swooped down and hopped in front of me, sweeping me back across the bridge with their wings open. I could have gone by them but felt they were not hostile and were in fact looking out for me in a very gentle un-raven-like way.
       When I got back into the mansion it was empty except for a small silver and grey casket. My breath caught and I shuddered, then woke with a start.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home