.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Nap Dream

Nap time is rare, being able to actually remember a nap dream is even rarer. I was running, not hard, just the way one does when we're young and trying the get somewhere. Unfortunately, I wasn't young in this dream, so, much like would really happen, I was feeling winded even from that relatively minimal effort. I found myself pondering, should I run faster, so I could stop running sooner, and would have time to rest a bit before going into where ever I was going (don't know where that is, precisely) or, should I slow down just a bit and arrive just in time, but not as severely winded. The answer seemed to depend on how quickly I could recover my breath. Trouble was, I couldn't stop and see how rapidly, or in my case more like slowly, I would recover. The longer I ran, the less options I had. Speed up, or slow down. I began to think that I could maintain this pace, and at a certain point, a short bit before arriving, I could walk and then arrive mostly recovered. I decided to continue at my pace and then walk so I would arrive just in time, and, hopefully, with my breath recovered.

I was so focused on my internal calculations that I really didn't have any reactions to the place I was running through, but I should have. There were dozens of large vehicles zooming across my path, but not rolling, they were actually walking on their tires, like short limbed metal buffalo. I didn't find this the least bit odd. When I was waking up, I wondered why I didn't just flag one down and ask for a ride.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home