.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cyan Archeopteryx

I dreamed I was exploring some jungle ruins when I came across a pirate skeleton. There were rusty iron bars holding the bones agains a large blue gray stone. On the bars was a feathery catlike creature, bright cyan feathers glinting in the leaf filtered sun. It seemed docile so we moved closer and realized that it wasn't a pair of macaws, but a single large bird-like creature with clawed fingers at the bend of its wing.

We were taken aback, both by its color and its construction. It was a beatiful animal, and very friendly. I offered it some trail-mix and it climbed up onto my shoulder (like a good pirate pet.) It stayed with us as we made our way back to camp, allowing us to take many pictures of it. I had the feeling that we were going to be able to take it with us all the way back to civilization.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home