.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Magic Hot Rod Rally, Cats on the Hill

I dreamed I was in a game, that, like many of my game dreams, ends up with everyone really in the event. This time, we were souping-up cars, not with mechanical upgrades, although there were some, but with magical upgrades. I didn't dream about the game mechanism enough to make note of how it worked, but the concept was similar to Cthulu 500 and Risus mixed. Not really sure how that would work, exactly. Soon enough my gamers and I were actually riding in our cars, working magic to make them fly, or submerge, or become invisible. I remember there were five forms of invisibility, Sonar, Sight, Laser,Radar, and Magic. There were limitations as to how much you could stack the different invisibilities. I know that I had an instant fuel-up spell that transported gas directly from a station tank to the car's tank. It was of limited use, as I was driving an electric tricycle with a large magically enhanced solar array. (The magic part made the solar collectors about 100 times larger in effect, creating a shadow around the car with one bright spot in the center focused on the collectors.)

This looked like it might actually be fun to play. The race itself had only a couple of rules. You could harm no one, you suffered a penalty if you got a ticket, and you had to pass through the gates at the check-in points in the correct direction and with all your wheels on the ground and crew in the vehicle. Even though you didn't have to spend any other time on the ground if you could magically afford it, you did have to roll through the check-in points and across the start and finish lines as though you were a normal automobile.

I don't believe there were any teams powerful enough to fly their cars the whole way, nor to teleport their vehicle any distance. All spells caused fatigue, just as if you had manually achieved the effect yourself, although those effects could be had in an instant. (This made flying a particularly difficult spell to maintain, so you had to have lots of fatigue reserves to make that happen.)

I had a second dream this morning before waking that involved a large number of cats living in the ivy on our hill. I was trying to impress a date that I was a caring person, so called out to the kitties. About two dozen made their way down off the hill to get pets and rubs. She freaked out and left.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home