.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Almost Re-Married

        I dreamed that N was gone and I had somehow been talked into re-marrying. Not something I would think likely. We were all standing around waiting for my bride. She appeared to be a no-show.

I guess shes wised up. I said. I was thinking that this was a smart thing, to not show up. My bride, a wide bottomed brown-haired woman, built much like CC now CL didnt seem to me to be the marrying kind either, so I wondered what wed been thinking.

This is better for the tax situation, anyway. One of the guests tried to console me. Strangely, I didnt really think I needed consoling, I was in fact quite relieved.

We understand if you want us all to leave, Id be pretty depressed right now.

Instead of being depressed about it, I decided that we would have the reception instead, a sort of Coming to our Senses celebration.  We started moving the chairs around and the caterers brought in the tables to convert the hall into a party room.

        The bride finally showed up. She was quite miffed that wed started the party without the wedding. I explained that there would be no wedding; this was a Coming to our Senses celebration. She seemed to be somewhat relieved as well, but then bent over and mooned the assembly.

        My bride seemed to have a fire-hose under her skirts. The spray washed away the furniture and decorations leaving behind a sort of hay loft, and barn structure. The reaction of the spray flung her out of the scene also.

        Now I know Im dreaming, one of my guests said.

        No, I thought, Im the one whos dreaming. I helped pull people up over the wet hay bales and we went back to our party until the dream dissolved into eating and dancing and chit chat that was entirely too random to remember.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home