.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Portals and Polymorphism

        In my dreams last night I kept changing out my physical form. Sometimes I was myself, sometimes I was a large Centaur (nifty having 6 limbs) and sometimes I was a small housecat. The plot of the dream itself seemed to involve running around a large warehouse district looking for portals that led to different locations and fighting whatever was guarding them, then forcing them closed.

        I know that one of the portals led to a world full of buxom elf women (well, there were men too, but I hardly noticed) I really tried to convince the rest of the group that we should leave that one open, as they werent hurting anyone. The rest of the group didnt buy my arguments so they closed the portal (which was unguarded). I found myself obsessing over the elf portal and wondering if I could figure out how to get the portal open again.

        The logic of the dream demanded that I would need something of that world to be able to tune a portal to it; otherwise Id just be opening portals at random. I think that we sometimes were actually in a portal when shutting down a second portal, that is what was prompting the changes in form.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home