.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Stone Poppas II the Prequell

       I dreamed I was outside under a sky that was mostly blue with scattered wispy high clouds. I was startled to notice a group of large Kelly green clouds beginning to form high in the atmosphere. One green mass touched one of the high white clouds and rapidly the whole thing started to turn green. Soon the green clouds were growing towards the ground, like pools of ink dropped into clear water. A green particle, amoeba-like drifted down in front of me. I raced home to turn on the filters and stuff the cracks under the doors with wet towels. (Not really knowing what to actually do.)
       Later we were told via radio that the spores came from space and had landed all over the globe, coating the surface with a thin living layer of algae that had completely different DNA than life on earth. It was pulling carbon out of the air and increasing the oxygen levels. It was guessed that the process was being undertaken by some sort of alien race in a bid to make our planet hospitable to their life forms. We had no idea where the materials came from, but there was an emergency shuttle mission being undertaken to recover one of the alien deployment satellites.
       The dream fast forwarded several months, we'd all been given armor jackets and lasers based on recovered alien technology. We were all drafted! We were expected to find and fight the aliens wherever they landed. The aliens I ended up shooting didn't act like intelligent beings. Indeed, it seems the aliens were landing their livestock first. I believe that I was in the small group of humans who saw the oxygen producing pollution eating algae as a boon rather than a detriment, and wondered if we really needed to do anything other than round up their cattle and take it to the Sahara and Gobi deserts where it would make for a nice alien reservation. I like many others presumed that when the intelligent part of the aliens arrived, they would turn out to have been in space for generations, having no idea that this world had developed life on its own. Nothing they had dropped on us had any sort of warlike or combat usefulness. I had the feeling that we were in the minority, and in fact the worlds rush to commit what I felt was likely to be genocide was a potential mistake of galactic consequence. (Although who or what would come along to create those consequences, I couldn't predict.)
       In some ways this dream reminded me of the Stone Pappas dream from some time ago, I had that thought in the context of the dream itself, and that is what brought me out of the dream.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home