.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Theater Sound and Missing Gear, Cat Dumbwaiter

       I dreamed again of being in the new theater at MCHS. It didn't have all of its rows of seats installed yet, but the crews were working on them while we were attempting to run a technical rehearsal. I kept getting music and sound from a previous show every time we tried to hook up channel C on the 4 channel mixer board. I kept asking what had happened to our 24 channel mixer, and the drama teacher indicated that the architect felt we didn't need one so didn't make room for it.
       "It's portable, let's bring it down here."
       I started back to work on figuring out what had happened to make channel C connect to some sort of old show files. The computer didn't indicate what the trouble was by the file names, but someone had to have copied over the current shows files with files from the previous show. I went to go get my laptop to update the files on the theater computer.
       Sadly, the place where I'd left my bags was empty, everything we'd had stored there was moved somewhere else to make room for stacks of theater seats. I spent the rest of the dream running around looking for missing computers and backpacks (mine wasn't the only stuff missing.)

       I then had a dream where I built a kitty dumbwaiter. It was gravity powered. A cat would get in the dumbwaiter and it would lower to the ground from the ceiling walkway. There were airbrakes that allowed for the elevator to move softly to the ground. Once the cat stepped out of the lifting platform, the airbrakes would fold in, and the platform would ride back up to the walkway on its counter balance.
       I don't think this would be very safe in real life.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home