.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Back to Work at the HS.

        I was back at the HS for work. The previous tenants of the job found it too stressful, and couldn't keep the internship program running successfully. I didn't have an office that was even 1/3 of the size of my original office. The whole thing was essentially a dog leg hallway with TVs and VCRs on carts piled into it with a tiny walkway between them.

        "Why are we keeping all of these Televisions?"

        "There is not cable TV tuner on the computer projectors," was the answer from the Assistant Principal.

        "There is on every DVD/VCR combo in the classroom, though."

        "No One knows how to use those."

        "If someone was able to walk out to the room and set up one of these TV units, I can teach them how to set up the cable connection to the projector instead. It would actually be faster," I shook one of the less stable carts for emphasis, "and a hell of a lot safer."

        "Oh. No one ever mentioned that before."

        "I'm sending these out as surplus and keeping one or two so you'll have a backup, just in case someone who no one will change rooms with them breaks down."

        "OK. I guess that's OK. Do you think we can trade them in for newer equipment?"

        I didn't, that's not really the way things work in the district, but I told him "I check on that." Figuring I could ask, at least.

        I was a little depressed by how small the area was, and how disconnected from the rest of the school.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home