.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Freezing at Disneyland, New Job, Found Poetry

        I dreamed I was trapped in the Disneyland theme park over night and had to sleep in a hotdog stand on Main Street to keep from freezing. (It was very cold in our house last night.) When I awoke there were people moving about even though the sun wasn't up yet. One of them was a woman, blonde curls, about 5 foot tall and 6 foot around. She called me by name.

        I said hello, and then asked who she was, as I didn't recognize her. I did remember her name once she said it, but the name and the person didn't seem to go together in my head. Unfortunately, I couldn't hold on to the name after I woke.

        The second dream of the morning found me working again at a school site. I wasn't a Computer or Audio Visual technician, though. I was coordinating some sort of internship or job program, and teaching life skills classes as well. My office was in a little used room at the site, another person came and joined me, so we moved the table I'd been using as a desk into the middle of the room. We arranged the table to each work on opposite ends of it. There really wasn't room for two desks.

        Just as we finished settling in, the door opened and several freshmen looked at us with startled expressions. They were apparently expecting to take a shortcut through the room to get to the Library on the other side of the room (Two doors, one to the outside on the short wall with windows, and another at the end of the hallway.)

        It was at that point that I realized that our office had really been a hallway and storage closet. Nice.

Found poetry from the spam filter at work:

I who exigent

In laurelville before exaggerate

My pain is gone...

With twin so sandstone

So those barrage

Is it true?

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home