.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Back in School, Light House Homes

        I dreamed I was back in HS, whether I was teaching or attending was confused. Students were presenting material on stage, and I was taking notes about content and delivery, so I am thinking I was the teacher, but I also had the feeling that my turn was coming.

        The class at one point was interrupted by the counseling department to present a "don't end up like this" moment. There were the almost obligatory felt pen posters for staying sober, and not getting pregnant. To bring home their message they presented this string bean of a girl with thin straight long hair and needle like limbs. Every guy in the audience was instantly in lust with her wide eyes, C+ breasts and boney hips (I thought she was a little too thin for my tastes) and every girl in the class instantly wished they were as thin as she was. So much for being a poster child for avoiding heroin.

        I made a note to take the counselors aside and tell them to pick a greasy, pock-marked fat person next time. By this time in the dream I was pretty sure that I was the instructor.

        I left class and picked up N from work. We headed out the peninsula to get home. The road was in the center of the peninsula, ocean was on either side of it. The land is rolling hills there, and in the deeper spots it looked like the road was in danger of flooding. I worked the throttle and the clutch to time us to shoot across the roads lowest points while the tidal surge was pulling away. After a few short miles of this we managed to make it to the switchbacks that lead up the small mountain at the end of the road where our home and the abandoned lighthouse were located. There were about 6 houses on the mountain, we owned three of them as well as the lighthouse, living in one and renting the others out to our friends. TC and his family owned another, and SCV and his bride were leasing to buy the fifth (leasing from us). The sixth home was vacant but owned by a corporation as an investment/tax write off. There was almost never anyone in residence; they used it as an executive retreat location a couple of times a year. I was trying to get them to sell it to me with the proviso that I would make it or one of the others available to them twice a year at little or no charge.

        I was also in the process of renovating the lighthouse; having rented it out to a film company had given us enough funds to afford to do several major repairs that were needed. S and T had even been in the film as extras, so that was fun. (I'd had to work so didn't get to appear in the final version, even though I'd been an extra on a Saturday shoot.)

        N and I drove under the house and went up to be greeted by the fluffy horde. I made my way out on the enclosed patio that hung out over the ocean and sat with Little John, who was completely white in the muzzle and moving very slowly). I sat in the recliner, petting John, missing T-Rex, Chloe and his Mother Ginger Muffin, watching the storm surge in the fading daylight. It was very peaceful if a bit melancholy. I was so enjoying it that I didn't want to get up this morning.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home