.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Beach Condo for R&M

Some friends of ours, R&M are looking for a home, after 12 years of renting, they've decided to try to get a piece of the planet for themselves. Last night we went to visit their new home, a condo on the beach. There was a lobby off of the parking lot with a little unmanned guard house. There were four condos off of the red tiled lobby, but each one had two doors leading into it. I thought this was pretty odd, R indicated that the second door was a storage area about the size of a walk-in closet. It had a second door into the main hallway of the condo. Inside the condo was R&M's stacks of magazines and art books, shelves full of toys and models (they are artists) and their furniture was open enough to sit on. The back of the condo had double doors leading out to a patio, which had a sliding glass door overlooking the beach, and a door to the north and south that went out to a path along the waterfront.
"Why three doors?" I asked.
"I have no idea, but it looks cool." said R.
We made our way back to the front of the condo and when I opened the door Miranda, one of our cats, was waiting patiently to get me to come home. (Really to wake up and feed them, even though, every morning, Midge feeds them.) I love the way my brain will add real life elements to the dream. Even though I sleep I seem to remain aware of what is going on around me.
One of Rod and James public offerings.
Rod is the one who looks like Colonel Sanders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home