.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Adopt a Dog and House Sitting

I was out at an animal shelter when I spotted a black and white Spaniel/Husky mix with wispy hair and blue eyes. She was a beautiful and energetic dog, but well behaved (much like our neighbor's Australian Shepperd, KC.) After dealing with the paperwork and the adoption fees we set out towards home. I stopped at Poway Lake for a little stroll and the dog actually used the restroom toilet! I thought that was a little odd, but figured it made my job a little easier. She even flushed.
"Well, I'll have to come up with a name for you" I said. I didn't like the name the shelter had given her.
"My name is ...." she said, in a low bark-like but completely understandable voice "INSERT NAME HERE WHEN I CAN REMEMBER."
I was stunned. (So stunned it kicked my dream awareness level to maximum, so I don't actually remember what she said her name was. I'm hoping it will come back to me. Later in the dream process I started to be distracted by the fact that the name might be important.)
"Never talked, don't want talk, different."
Eventually I came to understand that she didn't want to be adopted because she was different, she wanted someone who wanted her as a regular pack member like any other dog. She was also much smarter than any other dog I'd seen, part of what had attracted me to her. "Well, can we do without the leash then?" I disconnected her and we made our way back to the "Gypsy Wagon" that I was driving around in. I told her to call T-Rex, who'd been very much in hiding since we picked her up. When she said his name he crawled out from under the bed and looked at her with a very confused expression, then jumped up in my lap.
They bonked noses and she said "Good T-Rex."
He huffed at her then climbed up onto my shoulders. After a little scratching he started to purr. "He's an old friend, part of our and your family. He's 16 years old now and needs to be looked after as he's not as fast as he used to be."
"That why me?" she asked.
"Yes, that's why we adopted you. You look like many of our best friends, who are now long gone." It was a melancholy moment.
 
A later dream had me in the house of one of my former girlfriend's. I was house sitting, staying up late watching something on HBO sitting around in my undersquares when they popped in through the front door, home earlier than expected.... I hopped up and ran into the bedroom to put on my pants. There were hugs all around and they were all nice and acted like they hadn't seen anything.

--
ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home