.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Visiting the Mansion Cat Roundup

This is a recurring theme in a recurring location. There is a mansion, one side, the front entrance is along a residential or park area. The back of the mansion is in the middle of a commercial block on a city street. There are shops to either side and a warehouse as well. Mostly the shops are antique stores (furniture, clothing and knick-knacks) there's also an icecream parlor. The ware house space is used as a garage. On the city side there are foursteps up to a landing and a recessed double door, ornately carved with stained glass sunrise over the dark maple finished doors. There is a small iron gate across the base of the stairs with a bell box.

Midge and I were visiting the owner, an elderly woman, and our cats were along for the trip. Miranda came in to let us know that something was going on outside (we were parked on the park side of the mansion.) Little John and Princess Tiger Lilly were in the foyer waiting for us. Our host was delighted by how talkative Little John is. Midge and I knew that the rest of the cats had gotten themselves out of the CUV (Cat Utility Vehicle) and were wandering around. We managed to get them all back into the CUV except Fawn Lynn, and T-Rex. T-Rex came to me, though. Eventually, as we were saying our goodbyes Fawn zoomed out of some bushes and raced up into the CUV. Our host invited us to stay with her longer and to please bring all of the kittys in with us next time. We thanked her and said we would stay longer next time, but now we just wanted to get home to our haunted house on the hill. (Also a recurring location.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home