.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Aimlessly Milling About

Yes, the crowded happening dream. Dozens of folks crowded into a small warehouse, without purpose or direction, milling about, no one talking to anyone else. I could hear the muttering of conversation, even though I could see no one talking, see the 50's era clothing (or at least the Hollywood version of it) and in no way was I able to make my way through the crowd to where the conversations seemed to be coming from. No one I tried to talk to would respond, no one recognized me, and I in turn thought everyone there looked familiar. It suddenly dawned on me that the conversations were all in my head, then in a split second the whole thing was revealed as a dream and I could not keep the space going.

Usually I can lucid dream, once I know it is a dream, although long ago I stopped taking over the dream and now I typically let them play out, even the night terrors. I figure that my brain is trying to tell myself something and I should listen. I taught myself how to lucid dream from conversations I had with a nun about how to tell if you are dreaming, and the prayers you used to make the nightmare go away. I started being able to remain asleep and continue dreaming. Books borrowed from the public library several years later, when I was 12 or 13, helped me to completely take over from the nightmare. After a few years, I reached the point that I am at now, I can let the dream go, both participating in it and being the silent watcher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home