.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Glacier Island and the Capsizing Kayak

Scott and I were in the interior of a large Island, It was all forest covered with a large swampy plane in the middle of a mountainous circle. We were inidially thinking it was volcanic, but upon closer inspection it had the signs of having been scoured by the retreating and melting of a glacier. We hiked far enoungh inland to reach the tree line and look up into the mountains where we could see the remains of a small glaicer.
"There's something you don't see every day" I said.
"Unless you live here" added Scott.
We hiked over to where the various runoff streams from the glacier joined a small swampy lake before rolling though the valley to the sea. We dropped our kayak into the water and rowed downstream.
As we rounded a bend in the forest stream we heard a loud roaring and found ourselves being drawn towards an unexpected waterfall. We went over the falls into the ocean and were tossed from the kayak in the process. I could see the kayak drifting along the ocean bottom, so we followed it along the beach to a nearby cove. It grew dark while we were following the kayak. The water was just a bit too deep for me to dive down to it.


--
ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home