.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Forklifting

We (my boss and I) were delivering some old scenery items to the local college theater. RG wanted me to take apart the flats for storage, but they were already apart (short of destroying them.) There were a couple of archways I disassembled and then we had to lift the forklift up onto the truck so we could lift the stacks of scenery off the truck. In the process I ended up smashing something on my hand and bleeding all over the place. It took a couple of minutes to figure out where the blood was coming from, a dime sized hole in the palm of my right hand. It didn't really hurt any worse than the muscles in my hand normally hurt, so I didn't even notice it. I wrapped it up and helped lift the forklift out of the truck when we were finished.

--
ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home