.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Ghost Story.

Was walking through town with a high number of spirit tagalongs. Blue guardian spirits, red angry but innocuous spirits, and purple spirits that possessed people, definitely evil. I was able, with my blue spirit hand, to reach into a person's face a pull out the evil purple spirit. Then I would open a portal and throw them down into it "out" of our dimension. I did this to one or two of them just to be helpful. Suddenly I was seeing more and more of them. I hurried out of the area, a courtyard in front of a large corporate building, and some of the blue and red spirits helped by swooping through the possessed folks trying to follow me. Eventually I teamed up with a red spirit, he overlapped me, making me look like a purple spirit. He was angry and wanted revenge against the purple spirits, apparently they were responsible for his incorporeal condition.

We made our way to a less crowded venue, taking a couple of passing purples and tossing them "out" as we went. Eventually I found a hotel, just in time, our angry ghost had been becoming less and less angry as he helped toss more of the bad guys. He and several of the blues asked me to stay another day and to help rid the city of the rest of the purple possessors. I wasn't too sure I could do much more. Each exorcism was tiring to perform and I didn't think I could do many more.

I noticed, in my room mirror, about thirty spirits, both red and blue, each a variation of the shades that somehow indicated the primal state of emotion that controlled their afterlife. They were drowned and hit by cars, tossed off buildings, poisoned, shot, strangled, beaten and knifed. I was grateful that I couldn't smell them. Looking at them directly, they were just vaguely human shaped colors floating in the air, not really horrible or unattractive. In the mirror, I could see them as they were last aware of themselves. Each of their horrible ends could be directly traced to a possessed person or persons. Many had themselves been possessed, many had not. Some of them, the red spirits, really didn't care which it was they just wanted justice.

The spirits indicated that there were a couple of other people (living like myself, who could see them or were somehow able to communicate with them) who would also help, if I would stay. It looked like I was going to stay, but when some of the red spirits started throwing things around I had to throw them out of the room, not "out" of the dimension. I then met a pale-blue spirit; her story was very different. She, her body, was still alive, possessed by a purple spirit, she had fled rather than stay and fight in her own body, she had been looking for help, but until now had found no one who could even acknowledge her existence, so tenuous was her connection I had to loan her energy just to stay visible. I realized that though I could toss her possessor "out" I didn't know if I could put her back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home