.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Basketball Jones, Carriage Ride

One of the great things about being on vacation, sleeping in long enough to have multiple dream adventures.

Dreamed I was playing on a basketball team, probably about college age (oh, to be young like that again) and in some sort of tournament. We were in what we knew was going to be our last game, so the coach was determined to allow every single player on the team get a chance to play, which was good for me, as I'd probably played a grand total of twenty minutes during the last eight games. Oddly, in this dream I really wasn't any better at basketball than I really was at that age, which is to say, I could run, jump and rebound, but getting a basket was purely a matter of luck.

The other team was bigger than us, but not faster, and because we were rotating in our players, they apparently had some trouble keeping up with us, so started getting rough. The third time I got knocked off the court I landed amongst the other team's cheerleaders. They helped me get up, and I could see that one of them, a full lipped, dark haired, dark eyed beauty with long muscular legs, was unhappy about what was going on, so I leaned over and told her my Hotel and room number, saying, "call me later for a drink." (Something I would not ever have had the courage to do when I was that age.)

I went back to the game and actually made my free throws (pointing to her and blowing a kiss each time before I shot.) That got them riled up, and they started playing sloppy, we managed a good five or six baskets in a row and came within a half dozen points before the final buzzer rang, way better than I thought we could do against them.

Cats woke me up for breakfast, one of them one of them meowed "Hey! Doug!" in my ear.

Love being able to go back to bed.

In the morning dream I was sitting on the driver's board of a horse drawn carriage. I was talking with K (J's friend) who had also climbed out to be able to see more of the sights, and we were turning around frequently to chat with J and K's groom B. J was wearing one of my plaid shirts and a really cute pair of white cargo shorts, I had talked her into wearing red lipstick to go with the shirt instead of her usual pink. I leaned back and kissed her. B leaned forward and did the same with K.

"Look out for the tree!" J called out.

I turned forward and grabbed the brake lever just in time. The hood of the carriage barely bumped against a large glass branch, Making the glass leaves tinkle and sway.

Turns out, neither of us had been driving, we'd been letting the horse choose the path all along. I thought this was just the way it was supposed to be, as there were no reins to be found. I talked to the horse a bit and got him to steer  back a bit and then out away from the tree somehow.  I stood up and paged the glass leaves and branches up out of the way as we rolled under the glass tree (It was very much like the one Rod Bass had designed for the port "Trees" exhibit a few years ago, just much larger. and with smaller leaves all over.)

Then I found the reins tied off to the bottom of the driver's bench. Oops.

 B and I changed places. The carriage seats were so fluffy I sank in it till I was actually looking up at J and out into the sunset sky - all purples and reds with the faintest promise of twinkling starlight to come. I could smell the ocean, hear the clip-clop of our horse's hooves and those of other nearby carriages. J slid over and cuddled in.

I am adding "Carriage ride with a cuddle buddy" to the list of things I want to do. I will hire one with a driver, however, as I apparently should not be allowed to operate heavy machinery under the influence of J.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home