.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Bossa Nova, Traveling Cat

The text alert on my phone woke me up at about 4:15 this morning, and so I struggled awake out of a musical dream. Dancing to a Bossa Nova beat version of the song "I Just Want to Celebrate" (another day of living.) I don't really think the Rare Earth's version was Bossa Nova.

Don't know why the phone went off, I suspect I may have dreamed that. I did notice a text had come in while I was out last night, but that was more than six hours earlier. Going to be annoying if the text alert sound has joined the repertoire of my hypnopompic hallucinations.

After I went back to sleep I almost immediately slipped into a dream where I was at a cosplay convention for animals. I had a little black Moggie with a white muzzle and boots with a thin white stripe on his belly. He was a lot like my old T-Rex, but better at traveling. He was sitting with a bunch of us at lunch when he decided to dive headfirst into the swag bag of the woman sitting next to me. We dug down past the fliers and buttons to find him on his back, piddy-pawing the air and purring up a storm. "Okay," she smiled at me, "I don't even really like cats, but I so much want to take him home."

"We're a set." I said without missing a beat. (Ha, I'm never that smooth in real life.)

"I'm okay with that."

I blushed. (So it's probably a good thing I'm not that smooth in real life.)




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home