.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Dream City Mall. 3:12 AM

I was outside the movie theatre in Dream City, this time I was not lined up waiting to get tickets, not waiting for a theatre to be cleared, nor randomly checking out the various offerings by going theatre to theatre. I found that remarkable, and relaxing. There was a crowd, but we were just milling about, visiting, and we were on the mall courtyard grass instead of in the lobby. While we were visiting, a gentleman came up and introduced himself, and I recognized his name but only vaguely his general appearance. The last time I'd seen him he was a high school student in our theatre program. Without the introduction, I wouldn't have recognized him at all. It was a friendly meeting, and I was surprised to see him in this particular location, since I so rarely see people I know at this theatre, or these theatres. (I remember when the place changed over to a multi-plex, sometime in the '90s I think.)

We chatted for a bit, and then he and his friends went in to catch a movie. By this time, the folks I'd been visiting with were gone, so I went into the lobby to see what was playing that I might want to take in. The manager greeted me, and we exchanged some small talk about the offerings. I expressed my appreciation of the new scheduling board. All red and amber LEDs in a matrix small enough to make the letters very reasonable to view. It was quite the large board, as there are a dozen theatres there, and they often were showing twenty or more programs, so the schedule board was twelve feet high and nearly thirty feet long. I looked at the board and then checked the clock, "is that the right time?" I asked.

"It is."

"I don't' think I have time to sit through any of these," none of the films were starting for at least forty minutes, "I have to get up to feed the cats in about two hours."

"Come back any time, we're open seven, twentyfour, threesixtyfive. It's always good to see you well."

"Thank you, always good to be seen." I complimented her on how the burgundy (maroon) highlights in her dark, curly hair matched her blouse. We exchanged smiles and I headed back out into the night.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home