.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, November 07, 2014

Showroom

This morning I found myself and a tall blond hiding out in a new car dealership showroom. We were hunting for the non-valet keys, And living off the vending machines. It seemed that we were a few days into hiding when a well armed group of fellow survivors showed up outside. Unfortunately they were pretty noisy getting there, so they were being followed by hordes of zombies. I was able to get one of the roll up doors open enough to get them all inside. They were heavily armed, but not with anything that could open the key safe. My tall willowy friend was immediately attracted to the likewise tall, fit, well armed leader of the new group. I was not in the least surprised by this. The round-bodied older gal who was partner to him previously was.

There were now enough of us, however, to carry the safe up to the roof and drop it off. The smaller people distracted the zombies, and then we tossed the safe off in front of the roll up door. It broke open, but damaged the door, so there was a mad scramble to find the keys for the showroom vehicles before the zombies made their way around to the noise and the jammed open roll-up.

By the time we got rolling I had become separated from the group, as I was pumping gas for everyone and was the last one to get out of the showroom. I had to go fill up while the rest of the group drove away, distracting the zombies. I had a big car full of sodas and junk food, extra gas, but no weapon, and no companions. I also had no idea where the rest of the group was headed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home