.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, November 03, 2014

Tubers to Hell and Back

The dream started with myself and the brown haired female companion making our way over a fence into a backyard that was completely overgrown with different berry bushes and a plant that had large manioc like tubers. We had a long discussion about how to identify if these were the edible sort, or the poison variety that needed special processing to be edible. Neither of us seemed to know what that migh be, however. We harvested some of the tubers, being careful to not damage the host plant in the process. We took a lot of the ripe berries as well.

Once the back of Little Red was full we headed out on the freeway into the island valley, as we both felt the coast would be too crowded, and there might not be enough water over the long term.

As we were headed across the valley we were forced off the road by a large line of wrecked traffic, we bounced across the flat valley floor, and came to a ridge line that overlooked a wide valley with three symbols on the floor of the even deeper valley below us. We chose to head to the one on our right, as it looked the most like it might be an airfield. I turned Little Red down the hill and we bounced and bobbled over the rough ground, finally coming to an access road of little better smoothness than the plains I'd been driving on. We parked and decide to hike into the central area where there were some lights.

The center of the area was filled with planes. We didn't find any of the pilots, however, we did find a portal of some sort, and it looked like a passageway directly to hell. Just as we decided that retreat would be a better option, we were confronted by a large demonic lamia. Without any hesitation we bundled her up and dragged her back to the portal. When we tossed her through it, the portal closed.

I drove Little Red down into the center of the airfield, but  it was pretty obvious that the off reading had taken its toll on my little car. We searched around for a suitable plane and settled on a single engine plane that still had full tanks. We found some solar panels and set them up to recharge my car, and decided to fly the plane out to look for a tire shop that we could land near. I wasn't to sure about the last bit, but my companion seemed confident that she could land the plane and take off again as long as the roadway was clear. That, of course, was my exact concern, that we wouldn't find a suitable runway.

Being airborn was a liberating feeling, and we both remarked that it was a shame that we couldn't just stay in the air all the time. I suggested that we should see if there was a blimp available. She headed the plane towards the coast, as she knew where the Goodyear blimp hangers were located.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home