.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Nightmare, Music

Terrifying little dream early this morning, three of us were trapped in an old lumber mill, and somehow we'd been tied up to a rack and sent down the feed chute to a large saw. We were upright and the platform we were tied to was moving about six inches at a time closer to the saw as it ran back and forth.

We figured out we could shift about that amount one way or the other so were able to avoid being filleted and got the saw to break apart the frame for us to escape with only minor injuries. That wasn't the nightmare part, though. When we confronted the person who'd done this to us, he kept getting back up, no matter how many times he was knocked down. None of us wanted to kill him, but it was getting rapidly clear that was going to be the only option if everyone was to escape. Finally I convinced the other two to run away, just take the boat and leave (Apparently we were on an island.)

I was planning on staying behind and just knocking the monster out until I no longer could. I would knock him down and then drag him around the mill, looking for something strong enough to tie him up with so I could eventually escape myself, but there seemed to be nothing available that he couldn't break out of.

I kept getting more and more fatigued and knew I wouldn't be able to keep this up much longer. I disabled the saw just before I blacked out.

In happier mindset, I woke to music playing (in my brain.) "In time the Rockies may Crumble, Gibraltar may tumble, they're only made of clay, but our love is here to stay." Thank you Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald for a performance that resonates stronger than ever.  I don't mind when some music gets stuck in my head.  (I blame J for this.)


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home