.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Monkeyshines

I awoke, and immediately knew the whole world was, different. I had a phone message, so went to listen. People wanted to meet me at the movies. I checked the clock, I had just enough time to get to the theater, so off I went. Everything looked very similar to what I knew, but there was still the occasional oddity, such as the brown stop signs and traffic lights.

The lights themselves were the strangest thing, how do you make a "brown" light? I decided not to ponder it too much and continued my trip, lucking into. Parking space near the front of the theater. I joined the crown around the ticket office, waiting my turn to buy tickets at the window. Prometheus, which I hadn't seen yet, and still haven't.

While I was waiting I spotted little R, she was bing teased by other kids, because she didn't have a tail. "That's because she's an ape, not a monkey. I don't have a tail either."

It was at this point that I discovered another very obvious difference in this world. All of the other people had tails, and large round monkey-like ears. I was also at least a head taller than any of e others there. I thought we were going to have trouble, but suddenly the crowd grew quiet and parted, leaving a clear path to the front of the ticket line.

"We're not in a hurray, we can wait out turn, but thanks for the offer."

The crowd was looking restless, I felt there might be a challenge coming, so I barked, "So, get back in line and get your tickets, all-ready!"

Oddly enough, that actually seemed to work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home